Cosmetic fillers can be used in a variety of ways, including:
- smoothing fine lines, including those at the edges of lips
- filling deep wrinkles, such as nasolabial folds
- correcting facial asymmetry
- filling chicken pox or acne scars
- enhancing natural features, such as lips and cheekbones
- reducing facial wasting
There are lots of different fillers available. In our office, we offer Juvederm and Restylane. Based on your needs, expectations, and level of commitment, your doctor will help you determine which filler is appropriate for you. After the injection there is usually some slight redness which dissipates within a few hours. Some patients experience minor bruising, similar to the bruising some people experience after receiving shots of Novocain at the dentist.