Laser therapy is gaining popularity as one of the safest and least invasive ways to reduce the appearance of visible signs of aging and improve the overall appearance of the skin. At Rao Dermatology, we offer the latest in laser technologies to treat multiple skin types and conditions.
Rao Dermatology has locations in Fresno, California; Hanford, California; Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey, and Manhattan, New York. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with our medical team and find out if laser therapy is right for you.
What is Laser Therapy?
A continuously advancing area of skin rejuvenation, laser therapy involves a handheld device that emits a controlled high-intensity laser beam onto treated areas, penetrating the skin to treat cosmetic concerns and chronic conditions at the source.
At Rao Dermatology, we currently offer multiple types of lasers to ensure the best results for your individual needs:
- IPL – Short for Intense Pulsed Light, this popular laser treatment is also referred to as a photofacial. The broadband energy delivered to aging or damaged skin is non-ablative, meaning it does not damage the skin surface.
- CO2 Fractional – An important innovation in laser technology, fractional laser therapy treats several microscopic columns of skin at once, treating only targeted areas and leaving healthy skin unaffected.
- Nd: Yag – Considered one of the most versatile lasers in the medical field, the Nd: Yag delivers infrared energy and treats skin by gently and safely heating targeted areas.
- RF – Comparable to the results of more extensive skin tightening procedures, radiofrequency (RF) lasers are less risky for patients and involve less recovery time.
- XTRAC – Focusing a laser beam through a liquid light guide delivery system, the XTRAC device has been proven to improve chronic skin conditions significantly such as Psoriasis.
What Does Laser Therapy Treat?
Both medical and cosmetic skin conditions can be safely and effectively treated with laser therapy, including:
- Fine lines
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- Hyperpigmentation and dark spots
- Acne scarring and light general scarring
- Psoriasis and other chronic skin conditions
At Rao Dermatology, we also utilize lasers in our tattoo removal and hair reduction services.
Which Laser is Right for Me?
During your consultation with our medical team, several factors will be considered when determining which type of laser therapy best suits your skincare needs, such as your medical history, skin type and condition, and cosmetic goals and expectations.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Although the possible risks and side effects depend on the specific laser used as well as the extent of treatment, our medical team will choose the most appropriate laser for your individual specifications to significantly reduce the risk of adverse reactions.
Most commonly, a slight red or flushed appearance akin to a sunburn is experienced after laser treatment. This should subside within a day or two, and any residual discomfort is easily managed by applying ice or cold compresses to treated areas.
Contact Rao Dermatology today to schedule a consultation with our medical team and find out if you are a candidate for laser therapy.